2009 From Internet to Forest
In Feb 2009, genuinely rooted from the desire to share his passion, the website http://solarpower.vn, giving news of solar industry, was created by Pham Nam Phong, a young engineer fond of technologies and innovations. At that point of time in Vietnam, the term “solar power” was still vague and unfamiliar to most people. Building this website, he aimed to make this concept common knowledge and help this wonderful energy source become preferred early. The website quickly attracted people’s interest and made them turn their attention to this new form of energy. Soon realizing this trend, Phong was determined to dive more deeply. He visited many overseas manufacturers of solar panel and appliances to see production lines firsthand in order to get insight into these high technology products. Not long after that, the first contract came to him – 14 off-grid solar power systems 510W for forest ranger stations of Bù Gia Mập National Park. This memorable start, more meaningful when it served a national park, boosted the confidence of this young entrepreneur to engage in this new field. Vu Phong was born in that way. From the very first, Phong had a clear vision of his fledgling company: Vu Phong would run as both a contractor and a manufacturer. So, while the number of projects has gradually increased, the R&D Department was also established to research solar devices branded SolarV.
2010 – Testing
- 4 first solar kits named Combo 3, 6, 12, 22 suitable for LED lamps and charging cell phones were tested.
2011 – First products & Distributor
- These 4 solar generators were put into production, then first introduced at an exhibition in the Central Highlands. They received surprising notice from wholesalers, one of them even requested to buy all products at the booth.
2012 – Charging controller & The South
- Test Combo 55 and Combo 110
- Launched Solar Digital Pulse Charge Controller 20A.
- Built the distribution network in the South of Vietnam.
2013 – Inverter & The North
- Developed more models of charge controller
- Studied power switching devices, starting with 100W and 500W.
- Reached the North’s market.
2014 – High Frequency Technology
- Took pride in being the first Vietnam company producing high-frequency inverters, following the world's trend. This technology makes Vu Phong inverters lighter, more efficient and less loss compared to low-frequency inverters popular in Vietnam at that time.
2015 – Expand product range
- Add the brand name VUPHONG beside SolarV
- Add new lines to the product range: battery charger, LED light, solar light, UPS.
2016 – Expand market
- Open Central Office in Da Nang
- Extend the presence through well-known modern retailers (AEON Mall, Co.opXtra, Lazada, Lotte,...)
- Open retailer and export to Myanmar
2017 - New technologies
- Open offices in Ha Noi and HCMC
- Adopt Lithium battery instead of Lead-acid battery in products and projects
- First BIPV and commercial Grid-PV-Diesel project in Vietnam
"Our journey is to make solar energy a part of everyone's life."
Since our establishment in 2009, we have won several awards ranging from local to industry association recognition which gives you peace of mind that you are choosing a reputable partner for your projects.